Congratulations to Rebecca Goldberg, youth services librarian at the Fletcher Free Library in Burling, VT. Rebecca is the winner of our drawing for an Apple iPad which SB&F held at the America Library Association Annual Conference in Washington, DC last week. Thank you to everyone who stopped by our booth to register!
For all our new registered users please check out all the free resources available to you on SB&F Online:
- SB&F Book Club Guides: SB&F now offers book club guides for some of our most engaging popular science books. We hope that these guides can serve as a tool and encourage book clubs all over the nation to choose a science book to read and discuss in their club. Check back each month as we add new guides.
- Free Featured Reviews Each Month
- Search Our Database: Search through more than 10,000 science book reviews via the SB&F online database. (Full text reviews available to subscribers only).
- SB&F Prizes: Explore these pages to view the finalists and winners for SB&F’s science book award. Here you’ll find more than 50 recommendations for the best of the best science books for children and young adults. Plus additional resources for many of our winners, including classroom lessons to go along with the book and interviews with the authors.
- AAAS Book Talks: Here you will find podcasts featuring the editors of SB&F talking with children's and young adult science book authors and illustrators about what makes a good science book for children, what inspires them to write about science, and what new projects they are working on.
And for subscribers, please check out the July issue of SB&F in the current issue section. The issue contains a feature article on Forensic Science and more than 30 new science book reviews.
6 Jul 2010 2:57 PM