This year we expanded the SB&F Prize program locally by envolving DC are children in the Subaru Loves Science! Kids' Choice Award. Five area schools particpated in the program. Over 500 K-8 students read the four finalist books in both the Children's and Middle Grades categories of the SB&F Prize. The students discussed the books in class and completed voting ballets. Over 2,000 books total were read! Participating students received a hat and certificate.
And the winners are.....
Children's Science Picture Book:
Bones by Steve Jenkins. (Scholastic, 2010)
Middle Grades Science Book:
The Secret of the Yellow Death: A True Story of Medical Sleuthing by Susan Jermain. (Houghton Mifflin, 2010)
- Cora Kelly School for Math, Science & Technology, Alexandria, VA
- Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science, Washington, DC
- Saint Anselm's Abbey School, Washington, DC
- Sidwell Friends Middle School, Washington, DC
- Strathmore Elementary School, Silver Spring, MD
15 Feb 2011 2:20 PM